Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Screw-Ups .... How Quickly They Happen!!

Today/Tonight, I'm confessing to the world that I really screwed up ... didn't even know it at the time!!!

I write a daily culinary lesson subscription course ... 52 topics a year and each split into 5 segments that my subscribers receive Monday through Friday. This is a FREE course and I have really enjoyed sharing this knowledge with my students. I have carefully tried to provide the most helpful information I can find on each topic.

I do use the Internet to send these lessons out ... actually I use what is called an Auto-Responder. It's a company that helps me keep track of all the emails that the lessons are going to be sent to.  The process is fairly straight forward, you log in, you update the next lesson material, you check your list and set the time that it will go out ... Usually I send them at Midnight PST. No Problem!!

Today I go out there and update the lessons and I always check to see if there are any subscribers that have either not received their lessons or have decided to "Opt-Out" from the daily Emails. I saw that there was someone that had decided to discontinue ... perfectly fine ... I just click on a button and ask them to be removed from the subscription list.

ONLY ... this time, I must have clicked the master button that checked all the subscribers on the page!!! I Zapped a whole page of students!!! I didn't even know it until I checked it tonight and saw the difference in the totals going out!! I am mortified!!!

SO ... THIS IS AN APOLOGY to those that don't receive their Daily Serving Lesson tomorrow ... or EVER ... please go out and re-subscribe so you don't miss out. I will try to make it up to you!! Any that would like to start receiving the lessons, I promise to double, triple check before I make updates on the list in the future!!

If you didn't get the lesson ... on VEGGIES - DRY HEAT COOKING METHODS, then go to the archives with your password ... that still works. It will be available after FRIDAY's Lesson.

Here's the link .... www.TheDailyServing.com 


Warmest Regards
Chef Tom Heintz

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I felt my heart drop for you as I read that.

    It's just a thought, but have you tried contacting your ESP email service provider to see if they can do a data restore to the prior business date for you? Worth a shot?

    Note for your diary - download and save a back-up list of all your email subscribers once a month or week!

    ReplyDelete