Friday, March 11, 2011

Cajun & Creole week - Part 1

Ramblings of the Chef:

There are actually about 1500 different items that are considered Cajun/Creole. Obviously we can't go over all of them.

SO ... I figured it would be best to select some of the most famous dishes and ingredients. 

I narrowed it down to 17 ... but there wasn't enough room on the page. That means you only get half of them today and we'll finish up tomorrow with the others.


We learned in the first lessons about the distinction between Creole and Cajun. That is very much a blended group of people now.
It is one that encompasses a region of like-minded, warm-hearted, food-loving folks. 

In fact, when I start thinking about it, I find myself talking out loud with an accent!!

My experiences in Louisiana were very pleasant and included a lot of food. I'm glad someone else was paying for it. I appreciated being taken to the "Local" hangouts and the food explained
as it was ordered by the "Locals". 

What a treat! I think it's time to go back!

Warmest Regards,
Chef Tom


PS. To get these lessons, go to www.TheDailyServing.com and get the FREE Subscription. 

No comments:

Post a Comment