Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Big Reduction ... Me!

I'm currently working on selectively redesigning my perfectly pear shaped body or at least pushing the larger middle mass back into an acceptable configuration. I figure that with a couple of weddings coming up, the ability to control snoring and gaining more energy is worth the effort to do some work on me. It helps that my wife, Laurel, is also on the program.

Since I work from home, I try to provide a great meal when my wife returns from her place of work. I never wanted her to go without ... so I always provided more than what was actually needed in one meal. This accomplished two things ... it gave her something for lunch the next day and enough for me to pig out on my own food. Since we no longer have kids at our house, it's just up to us to get rid of the leftovers.

My biggest problem was the amount that I consumed, or portion control. In the food industry, this has always been a dilemma, especially when I've worked or offered all you can eat buffets. The food is so good that you don't want to stop eating ... thus the food costs go up and profit margin is reduced.

My body was willing to take that profit margin and add it to my middle margin around my waist.

Now, with us both working together, I have redesigned many of my dishes ... along the guidelines of the Weight Watchers point system. I find that it really gets your creative mind working!

Last night we did an inventory of the refrigerator and realized that we need to use up some product before it went bad. So with that in mind, the pulled pork tostadas became a great way to keep within the points and still control the loss of any unused food.

I'm finding that we are eating more and more Mexican style meals ... tortillas and salsa with just about everything! Of course veggies are "free", so salads are accompanying many meals.

Warmest Regards,
-Chef Tom Heintz



No comments:

Post a Comment