Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Upcoming Holidays!

I must admit that this upcoming season of Holidays is probably my favorite time of year! It would really be a hard contest between Thanksgiving and Christmas ... not because of the presents, but because of the food! I just love the food!

As long as I can remember, Thanksgiving in my family is a big thing. We have a big family and when you have that many mouths around the table, you sometimes wish that there wasn't a limit on how much you can eat. Well, of course that is the point of the Thanksgiving meal ... no limits until you're loosening your belt and unbuttoning the button on your pants to ease your dis-ease.

As of late, Christmas has been less of the big family gathering it used to be ... but not this year. Hopefully all of my children will be coming with their families if it is possible and great will my joy at their coming. Of course the food served will be our opportunity at the Thanksgiving dinner we are not able to be together at.


Even more challenging will be the sleeping arrangement for all ... with our reduced size in home, we will be enjoying the pleasure of each others company with just about every square foot we have available. Couples with children will be assigned the few rooms that they could be separated while the singles will be delegated to share the open spaces left over. No matter the confines, it should be a great time for all. We may even bring in a travel trailer if necessary.

Now the planning begins and coordination between families will be started ... we, Laurel and I can hardly wait!

My duties, well ... the food of course! I'll actually get to make the amounts I used to make and have the assistance of my children who are pretty much all great cooks in their own right.

Should be a great memory builder for all involved. We will be missing a few, but we'll take what we can get!

Warmest Regards,

Chef Tom Heintz

No comments:

Post a Comment